Because I like you, I'll let you in on a secret - Raoul's.

What is Raoul's you curiously wonder? Raoul's holds NYC's best burger. I can say this having tried all the "best" burgers I have heard of. From Le Parker Meridien's secretive 'Burger Joint' to the Shake Shack. From Minetta Tavern to Spotted Pig. From 21 Club to The Polo Bar's famous burger.. I am now also realizing I may consume way too much beef :/ !


Raoul's
180 Prince St
New York, NY 10012
Phone: 212-966-3518



A family owned building, family owned restaurant coming on 40 years.. they surely have nailed - the burger. Doors open at 5:00pm, you must get there to get a seat at the bar before the kitchen opens at 5:30pm - as they will only serve the burger to you at the bar - fair enough :) Best part, they only make 12 of these for the night in order to keep the crowd exclusive and limited. Arriving with an overflowing (stylish) can of fries and a burger topped with triple-cream St. Andre cheese, tiny pickles, among much more - smashed between a crisp perfect bun and best, a side of au poivre sauce for dipping!! I am not kidding when I really say this is the best burger in town!! And I am clearly not alone with all the celebrity sightings that have gone on in this cozy Soho restaurant!

The bar and restaurant, also known for their tasty pasta, take up the entire first floor, while a metal staircase that is not often found in Manhattan will lead you up to the second floor which holds the bathrooms and a room for private parties only. Bonus - a fabulous art collection among the brick walls and a historic looking ceiling to match.

Vintage image (above)

I'm fearful to share this secret with the possibility of losing a seat at the bar.. but I would feel guilt if I kept this in :) Oh and also, the fabulous bartender shared that in December on the restaurant's anniversary they will hold a party serving all dishes at the price when they first opened?! This means their steak dish will be around $7!! Ok now I've really done it and given it all away - never to get back in, I am? :(

Haha well enjoy and thank me later!

Info via Esquire and thank you for sharing your experience with us!! First image via 10best.com/destinations





 

CONTACT

If you’re interested in collaborating or have any questions, you’re more than welcome to send me an e-mail at: IconsWanted@gmail.com. Thanks!