Meet the Author

Photo: James Gannon

Welcome to my culture blog, Icons Wanted. Here I will uncover hidden gems and share lesser known stories even most locals don't know about in their own neighborhood! I would like to thank you for joining me on my journey.

Why am I so fascinated with history?  Well, lucky to have lived in Paris, New York City and currently San Francisco, my curiosity really began in Princeton, New Jersey. With a father who wanted to be a History Professor, this meant history trips growing up. He took us in and out of all the well known historical landmarks but also always matched it with an interesting story that we would have never guessed. This is where my curiosity grew and I wanted to know more and more. What else don't people know??  I have been exposed to fun facts on architecture mixed with legendary icons - From F. Scott Fitzgerald to Marilyn Monroe and from JFK to Coco Chanel.

I am research obsessed on the stories the tour guide books don't tell you. I love sharing what I find because it is fascinating and makes me feel alive. My focus is history, travel, fashion, food and art. I use a Canon G7X, an amazing point and shoot camera, lightweight enough to be carried around daily.

Always networking, looking to collaborate and turn my passion into a digital career.

Contributor with:





^All pictures and videos taken by me unless stated otherwise.^

 I thank each one of you for visiting my site and taking a step further into my passion. If I believe anything - it is never take "no" for an answer and go for what you love!!

xx
Julia 


 

CONTACT

If you’re interested in collaborating or have any questions, you’re more than welcome to send me an e-mail at: IconsWanted@gmail.com. Thanks!