The Quote that changed my life

My best friend told me: "Life is not a dress rehearsal.. you only get one"

 

My beautiful mother who taught me to keep trying, never give up
This conversation became life changing. As we dug deeper into what this quote means, something in me woke up. My dear friend went into detail, how we are lucky to get one life, but we only get one. You can not live today, unhappy, and fix it next time. This is it. Now, of course there are some circumstances we are unable to change and reasons we are not able to change the moment we are in. However, from all my ah-hem, changes, and all the advice I did not ask for :) I noticed many think they are surrounded by reasons that hold them back, when in truth at least 50% if not more than that are all in their head.

Madrid, the smaller streets I recommend you take
I truly, truly with all my heart believe, if there is a will - there is for sure and for certain a way. Obstacles. What are they? Which are real? The #1 reason, family. This was the hardest one for me as I am very close with my family, but at the end of the day - as they love you more than anyone - they only want you to be happy. #2 reason, money. Another best friend of mine worked a second job a few days a week simply to afford a plane ticket to Europe. She made it happen and went to Paris. #3 reason, job. There are many jobs if you stay open minded.

Grandpa's favorite, its amazing how much so


Another dear friend always says to me, "Life begins when your comfort zone ends". Very true. It is when you are in an uncomfortable situation that you have to stand tall and move forward. Do you think I loved requesting a table for 1?? No! Hah, but do you know how many amazing people I met? How many incredible stories I had the pleasure of hearing? How many experiences I witnessed that I wouldn't have otherwise if I was with another person?

Toma Café - after the couple was inspired by a café in NYC they quit their jobs in advertising and opened up this cafe in Madrid 

My point, if there is something you really have been wanting to do, sky diving, moving across country or make it bigger - overseas! Even, take a bike ride through the street around the corner with all the lovely farm houses on it. Do it. If the dream doesn't make people think you are crazy, then its not big enough ;)

New Jersey

Toledo

 

CONTACT

If you’re interested in collaborating or have any questions, you’re more than welcome to send me an e-mail at: IconsWanted@gmail.com. Thanks!