Women I Admire and FW Day 3

Today was another successful day for several reasons. To start, I spoke with three woman whom I very much professionally admire. Why? They took risks, and succeeded. Ms. Coddington, Ms. Brooks and Ms. Gilhart. Allow me to explain, Grace Coddington started in the fashion industry as a model for Vogue, after being interviewed by British Vogue at age 28 she was then hired as Junior Editor. After 19 years here she moved to New York, currently as Creative Director at American Vogue developing the most beautiful photoshoots. Next we have Amanda Brooks, who is currently the VP, Women's Fashion Director for Barneys. What I love about her journey is how she started, she simply was gutsy and approached Patrick Demarchelier in a shop, the next thing she knew she was traveling the world as his assistant! See, is pays to try. She was a muse, creative director, designer and author. In fact I highly recommend her book, I Love Your Style (the intro by DvF herself!). Last and certainly not least we have Julie Gilhart. What inspires me, and supplied hope for my current adventure of moving to Paris for three months, is a decision she made that was risky but actually helped her! At a very young age she started as an assistant buyer in New York, worked her way up for five years, then in her mid twenties she decided to travel the world. Which she followed through with, coming back to no job she was offered the Creative Director role at Barneys where she stayed for almost two decades! What today also brought? I was able to view a show, photograph more amazing outfits, meet wonderful and photographers even asked if they could photograph me! Day three, amazing... what more could Fashion Week bring?? Bill Cunningham, where are you?

Ms. Brooks, saying thank you as I just told her I loved her book(really a must)
Ann Demeulemeester Show

Stunning view, in the white coat is Hanneli

Wonderful show

Loving this whole outfit

Pop of color=Lanvin 

Pastels




The bag is Knotwood

In the Grand Hotel Paris leading up to the Balmain show



Info from Wikipedia.org and Style.com


 

CONTACT

If you’re interested in collaborating or have any questions, you’re more than welcome to send me an e-mail at: IconsWanted@gmail.com. Thanks!