What does a parish have in common with Christina Aguilera??

Well.. you are in luck that I can fill this curiosity for you... :)

47 W 20th Street
 New York, NY 10011

It started out as a now landmark(in 1966) Gothic Revival church built in 1844 then known as "one of the most influential buildings of the 19th century", later after some financial issues it was sold and transformed into Limelight(1983) then Avalon (2003) both dance clubs where the likes of Christina and Britney performed, changing in a super cute pop up boutique, Limelight Marketplace, to also sharing space with a fabulous historic looking wine bar...?!

This is all correct my friend, and is it called "Church of the Holy Communion". Only in NYC ;)

I was lucky enough to visit the shops, which I do recommend. They are set up normally, however the architecture has a lot of visual appeal. A French restaurant (now closed) was the last establishment to vacate this property, Château Cherbuliez.


Last fun fact, news to me, in the late 1800's this area becoming very fashionable it was nicknamed the "'Ladies' Mile' shopping district".

I think I have given you reason enough to at least stop by... haven't I ;) Enjoy mon amie!


Info and pictures from askmen.com, ChateauNYC and Wikipedia

 

CONTACT

If you’re interested in collaborating or have any questions, you’re more than welcome to send me an e-mail at: IconsWanted@gmail.com. Thanks!