12305 5th Helena Drive

12305 5th Helena Drive
Los Angeles, CA 90049

Built in 1929, this unofficial landmark would become the first and only house ever owned by Marilyn Monroe. In 1962, at the tender and hopeful age of 36, Marilyn moved into the Spanish Hacienda in Brentwood California but very sadly was found dead in her bedroom only 6 months later. Still to this day, it is one of the largest residential homes in this neighborhood.




About 7 years ago, a good friend and I visited this house, as a huge Marilyn fan this was a must see. As we were there, in the cul-de-sac dreaming and starring, the gates started to open! The owner came home and was not happy that we were there, understandable of course - however you did move into one of the most famous houses ever. Anyways, my charm did not win us a private tour as I hoped and we were told to leave. Oddly a few years later when I was working in Barneys NY - I befriended a lady who was from California, my dream land, after talking for awhile we both put it together that she was the same woman who pulled up to the gate years before! After having a good laugh and being that we were friendly now, she so kindly offered me a tour of the house the next time I was in Cali! Sadly, she is no longer the owner of this home.
 
Images and info from Go California


 

CONTACT

If you’re interested in collaborating or have any questions, you’re more than welcome to send me an e-mail at: IconsWanted@gmail.com. Thanks!