Risky and damn scary...

But man am I excited!

 
This is a post for me, and that friend that wants to take the leap but is scared. I get it.
 
Tomorrow on America's birthday, July 4th, I will leave the country to travel for over 5 weeks abroad. Afterwards, making the move to the west coast - California! Was this an easy decision?
 
Not in the slightest.
 
Not only is this a huge change geographically speaking, but also in almost every aspect of my life. I am taking on a new career, path and with no guarantees. But what is life if always safe? There is definitely a time in life where happy and safe are welcomed, when it comes time to creating a family and getting settled into a city. However, before that - if you are not where you want to be, change it.
 
I adore NYC and have so enjoyed my time here with amazing best friends. For the last few years I have been lucky enough to be part of a great company with wonderful people. However, we only have one life and I would prefer a fulfilling career, and have always wanted to move west. So, if not now, when?
 
I consider myself very lucky. When I decided to move to Paris - everything fell into place more than I could have dreamt of. I was sure my luck was over after that. However, once I really started listening to and following my heart again about 7 months ago - once again all fell into place. I was always confused when friends told me to listen to my heart or my gut. I knew it was speaking but wasn't great at figuring out what it was saying. Finally I realized - it is when you day dream, the thoughts you go to when you can be anywhere, and when these thoughts continually come back up and never leave, that is your heart speaking. Follow it. It became so clear ( even though still very very hard to make the moves) but with the right and incredible support I found my way. The most amazing part, the people - my best friends - who know me so well thought this entire idea was a no brainer and there was no shock at all. You can wait, save more, plan more, but you have to go when it is calling you. I hired a career counselor who was monumental in this transition, sought a therapist (not scared to admit), made every connection I could think of and it worked.
 
Tomorrow I leave for Italy to volunteer with a program that will help the environment. Afterwards, I will travel and write. Research on all the history I come across, begin a travel series that I will happily share with you in hopes of turning my passion into a career. Since I started fully putting my heart into this 7 months ago, the most incredible opportunities have presented itself. From hosting and writing for Owning New York (a blog tied to Corcoran Real Estate) and becoming a contributor with the Google Field Trip App. A few more projects are in the works but I will share later :)
 
I want you, my fellow dreamer, to know this was not an easy decision but once made it all became so easy to see it was right. I bugged my best friends about this choice everyday all day (thank you I love you guys by the way). The most important part they pointed out was - TRY. Try and if you fail come back to the life you  know you can have. Maybe nothing but incredible memories will come out of this, meet new and fascinating people, grow and if that is the worst that is pretty amazing. I have done all of the leg work possible to have back up plans and routes to follow. There is no age limit to change your stars and try something new. My best friend made an amazing point that we truly forget - life is not a dress rehearsal. We get ONE life, one! That's it. For me, I couldn't take one more winter in New York and walk down the subway platform starring into the eyes of so many unhappy people. Life is beautiful, life is kind. There is so much love to be had, so many wonderful things to see.
 
It was time for a change. And now it begins. Tomorrow.
 
I thank you for listening, I hope it helped even a little in maybe a small decision you make today to better your tomorrow. Life is what you create, it is so true.
 
Follow that heart and get the life you want! I promise if you listen, good surprises will come.

Please follow me on this journey and lets grow together!

x



 

CONTACT

If you’re interested in collaborating or have any questions, you’re more than welcome to send me an e-mail at: IconsWanted@gmail.com. Thanks!