Uptown vs Downtown

Being that I am uptown more than downtown I get very accustomed to thee uptown "dress code" if you will. I do love it. I would say it is a showy chic and many women in my opinion look very similar when getting it right. I adore downtown and I was lucky enough to spend the day walking around there today. I was very observant of how the "downtown" women were dressing. And I love it! I pointed out to my girlfriend that downtown is much more comfortable and individualy more unique. Rarely did I see a designer handbag that was obviously designer. Most women were not in heels. And there was much more style, I feel. Not taking any style sense away from our uptown girls but it was so much more unique. From fedoras, cotton dresses and bright colors compared to the neutral colors, designer heels, pencil skirts and trench coats I'm used to. To be honest I love both truly and do rock both as well but it was very refreshing seeing new ideas and personality vs conformality that I'm used to. Do you have any trade mark peice you wear? Or any accessory you own that just makes you feel that you don't fit in and different?? Do share! Mine... hmm.. mine would be, I'll go with something I wore today. A vintage clutch that I bought in Soho awhile ago. It is a cream and black snake skin purse that is circular and snaps at the top. Not only is it my fav but because it's vintage no one else has it!!!!

 

CONTACT

If you’re interested in collaborating or have any questions, you’re more than welcome to send me an e-mail at: IconsWanted@gmail.com. Thanks!