Glamour Fashion Icon that was a Rule Breaker...

From wearing a simple dress for all 3 of her weddings, to keeping the party dresses for grander affairs, to copying Italian truck drivers jackets to be made into her own ski jacket, living in over a dozen places(ahh my dream!!) to remaking everything she bought, even adding her own monkey muff to a classic simple suit... this woman broke all the rules and she now gained me as yet another fan!!! I am referring to the Standard Oil Heiress who was also friendly with Ms. Vreeland, the one and only Millie Rogers. This woman is inspiring, she traveled with 35 suitcases, her 7 dachshunds and freely spoke her mind.. this is someone I would have loved to have been friends with! The Wall Street Journal supplied the wonderful short bio on Ms. Rogers to help promote the first real biography called Searching for Beauty: The Life of Millicent Rogers (to obtain your own copy). Cherie Burns shared with us just a few of Millie's life lessons: " Get what you want, Be daring, Don't blow it all on a wedding dress, Tend to details", just to mention a few in hopes of you buying this book because from this article it keeps me personally wanting more and more! In New Mexico where she is from, I just found out she even has a museum after her, The Millicent Rogers Museum!!! This is just the start to the life and history of this Icon. I beg you to read more on this fashionista.





 

CONTACT

If you’re interested in collaborating or have any questions, you’re more than welcome to send me an e-mail at: IconsWanted@gmail.com. Thanks!